Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my Food Blog!

I will be using this "blog" to record my kitchen adventures and restaurant reviews, I will also be posting my recipes to share with you. I've never kept a journal before, but since blogging is all rage these days, I figured I'd give it a try. So let's get started! =)

About a year ago I discovered "The Amazing World of Food Blogging" and I was instantly hooked. It was like I had discovered a whole new world; Wow, is this real? Do all these people feel the same way about cooking as I do? Are all these people from all around the world as much obsessed with food and cooking as I am? I think it’s great that you can share your thoughts, recipes, victories, adventures (and of course disasters…) so easily with others on the net, to see stunning photos of food and get new ideas for your own recipes.

I have always enjoyed watching cooking programs like Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson, and one of my favorite things is to experiment with recipes that I’ve collected from various places, and of course the result… spending wonderful time in the kitchen, then seeing the faces of others while they are enjoying what I've made…

Aaaah Absolute pleasure! =D

I just love everything about it! (^_^)

I’ve been recently taking “International Cuisine” courses at Falcon College in Abu Dhabi with Chef Mustafa, and been taught a lot of international recipes and cooking techniques. Here are some random photos taken from my phone camera in class:







I'm really looking forward to a great season of food blogging, hope it will be vastly entertaining to all of you, or amusing at best. With that, I urge you to follow up on my posts, and invite you to leave as many comments as you wish as this gastronomic journey continues!

Cheers!

Mai

9 comments:

♥ Kitten ♥ said...

Yaaay! Congratz on yummy blog I reeeally hope you keep this one alive!!

Looking forward to the delicious updates! ;)

Anonymous said...

MaBrook ....

Am GoNa Be WaiTiNG FoR ThE SeCReT CooKiE ReCiPe .. ;)

GooD LuCK WiTh uR BLoG

Anonymous said...

Hope i can give you interesting french recipes! Do you now about "Ratatouille", a vegetables recipe from Provence? One of my favourites...

Anonymous said...

yamy they dishes look fantastic i will be waiting for your recipes.. good luck

May said...

Thank you for your comments. I will be posting some recipes soon, you can try it and tell me how it went. :-)

Karen: I never tried making Ratatouille before, but I'm thinking of doing it soon, maybe you can share your recipe with us. :-D

Salama said...

I <3 this place! congratulations on your blog & will be awaiting mOre & more recipes -- excellent choice of music, I'm almost swinging in my little dress

lots of love mai, xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations my dear ..

Looks beautiful and tasty :)

All the best.

lilly said...

I tried its yamy!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi miss mai,
i've surf ur web n it's reallly quite amusing likewise very enlightening knowing that not only arabic cuisine u will but also international delicacies n various pastry collections....goodluck n more power!!!!