Sunday, February 28, 2010

Souk El Tayeb - First Farmers Market in Beirut

"Souk el Tayeb is an open-air weekly farmers market in Lebanon that specializes in organic food products. The market has three locations.[1] Two locations are in Beirut, one at the Saifi Village and one at Rue Verdun. The third location is in the city of Byblos.

The market is organized and run by a non-profit cooperative headquartered at 226, Rue Gouraud in Gemmayzeh. The organic cooperative spans Lebanon's regions, religions and sects.[2] Souk el Tayeb receives funding from European governments and from nongovernmental groups.[2] According to the Los Angeles Times, the Italian government donated $600,000 for food-related projects in Lebanon after the 2006 war." Wikipedia

http://www.soukeltayeb.com/

This is an amazing concept that I would love to see one day in the UAE..












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

Anonymous said...

you would need to fly in every thing in! :)

Gourmet Recipes said...

Great Concept I have ever seen!!
Simply Awesome...